On this week’s episode, I’m chatting with Casey Sibley of Casey D. Sibley Art + Design. If you aren’t familiar with Casey’s work, she designs textiles for home goods and accessories. She has built an online retail and wholesale business from scratch, and has sold her products in over 50 stores across the U.S. and Canada. Casey designs well-made, socially and environmentally conscious goods that are meant to be used daily and inspire a happy life.
If you’re looking for an honest chat about what it takes to transition out of your safe career to pursue a creative one or the realities of running a product based business this episode is for you.
- [2:24] – Casey’s Background
- [3:56} – How Casey prepared to transition out of her architecture career
- [8:18] – Rejecting the idea of being a struggling artist
- [13:40] – How Casey’s background in architecture helps in her design work
- [16:00] – How Casey sources her products
- [21:19] – The money question
- [23:28] – Tips for getting started wholesaling your work
- [28:34] – Casey’s experience using Kickstarter
- [35:27] – Casey’s keys to success
- [40:53] – Pimp Your Brilliance Action Challenge
- To read – The Responsible Company by Yvon Chouinard and Vincent Stanley, You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
CONNECT WITH CASEY:
Website | Instagram | Facebook