On this week’s episode, I’m chatting with Alisha Robertson of TheAlishaNicole.com. What started out as a conversation about becoming an author through self-publishing shifted into a thoughtful chat about fear and what’s really holding people back. It was so good. Lots of really useful insight was shared.
If you aren’t familiar with Alisha, she is a clarity coach dedicated to helping creative women create their life & business on purpose. She’s the self-published author behind The Blogpreneur which is a step-by-step guide to showing bloggers how to turn their online space into a profitable business.
In this episode we discuss why Alisha took the leap into starting a creative business, how she produces so much high value content and why fear is the only thing truly holding you back from creating your dream business.
- [2:16] – Alisha’s story
- [6:44] – How she knew it was time to take the leap
- [12:33] – How Alisha became an author through self-publishing
- [15:17] – Alisha’s suggestions for moving past fear when you’re stuck
- [19:32] – Advice for staying out of the comparison trap
- [22:20] – Tips for managing your writing and content calendar
- [24:45] – Avoiding the pressure to be on every platform
- [26:35] – How Alisha protects her energy while maintaining a busy schedule
- [29:30] – Surviving the dreaded hustlers guilt
- [32:10] – Alisha’s keys to success
- [34:25] – Tips for telling your story as a writer
- [39:06] – Pimp Your Brilliance Action Challenge
- To read – You Are A Badass & You Are A Badass At Making Money by Jen Sincero, You are a Writer by Jeff Goins, Girl Boss by Sophia Amorusa (affiliate links)
CONNECT WITH ALISHA:
Website | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook