This week’s podcast guest is a personal friend and fellow UCF alumni (#GoKnights). We met years ago through my now defunct clothing line, Antisparkle Apparel. Anthony “Biggie” Bencomo is a sandwich connoisseur who turned his passion into a sandwich inspired clothing brand called Deli Fresh Threads. Such a cool idea, right?
Deli Fresh Threads has been serving up the #kingofmeals (sandwiches) for over 4 years now. Anthony knows a thing or two about being in a small niche. One of my favorite things about Deli Fresh Threads is how well branded everything is from his custom site, order packaging and his monthly sandwich eat ups that help him rock his customer experience.
In this episode, we discuss how Anthony came up with the idea to start a sandwich themed clothing line, why he runs his brand solely as a side hustle, tips for working with graphic designers and how he makes this niche brand work.
iTunes Google Play Music Stitcher
- [2:49] – Why Anthony started Deli Fresh Threads
- [9:20] – Being a community collaborator
- [10:20] – Creating the customer experience as a small brand
- [14:00] – To remain a side hustle or go full time
- [17:45] – Getting started vs. just talking about it
- [20:20] – Tips for working with graphic designers
- [22:42] – Tips for working with screen printers
- [27:10] – Opportunities Anthony has created for himself through his brand
- [34:20] – Pimp Your Brilliance action challenge
- To read- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World and Crush It!: Why NOW is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion by Gary Vaynerchuk (affiliate links)
CONNECT WITH ANTHONY:
Website | Instagram | Twitter